Journal of scattered thoughts - Uncensored !!

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Take this tag...

You could see Ro furiously passing on the tag to me .. and this side I am ., meekly accepting ...




10 years ago.....

"Kuch Paane ke liye kuch Khona padtha hai.." .. I liked shahrukh almost for almost couple of years by now..

"Kya paane ke liye itna kuch khona pad raha hai...?? " .. yuck.. i didnt like shahrukh.. suddenly..
I had to leave home first time ever.. to get into my engineering ..

My college Chairman said... "Bete! Tum Kamputer Engineer banne ja rahe ho.. Chinta mat karo.. Khana wana waha bhi milega" ..

Umm . he read my mind..

"Khana acha hoga na... "

" Haa bete jarooor.. " .,

A very supportive faculty indeed..

In the deserts of pilani.. it's a completely new chapter..

new people and seniors greedily looking for their next prey all around...

ragging started and ended in super quick 2 months... how we all freshers were united and hatch plans to escape from the vicious seniours.. we'd all go togther to the mess and we'd all switch off our lights at 8 pm.. and we'd all wake up at 4 am in the morning to do our assignments and prepare for the tests.. and after a few days.. seniors suddenly became friends and well wishers.. they tell you what to do and what not to do.. how to optimise time without overworking for the test... and by the time the freshers party was celebrated.. it was indeed party time...

now we go out separately with seniors.. freshers with freshers aint fashionable anymore.. and some of the seniors are cash rich .. yumm.... would get to eat paneer dosa and fried maggi.. at night canteens without worrying about next DD from home..
but learnt the art of living frugally being suddenly out of home .. relishing each hot samosa and the small gulab jamun that we get served in the evenings...

the change was needed and felt good to be there...



5 years ago...


suddenly everyone is up for their GRE and whereever you look around.. there are flash cards flashing and complicated english words popping out of everyone when they speak to you..

" Making such vocabulary part of your daily usage will enhance your vocabulary quicker... " .. a free advice they throw at you when you ask them why cant they be simpler atleast when they speak...

and within two weeks... all gre books disappear.. moving around with loads of programming puzzles and there's a group study for the tricky ones... ahh.. the interviews...

in less than three days... all of us partying .. suddenly having nothing to do.. and beaming around with the pride ...

with me landing up in the firm that I dreamt to be part of for almost two years by then., it really took me sometime to digest .. I go to my friend and ask him..

"It all happened like a dream.. is this true ?"

"THUD...."

" What happened just now ? I saw some black and white spots in the air and nothing else for a couple of seconds.. "

He said .. " I slapped you .. did it hurt ? "

" You moron.. you slapped me ? of course it hurts " .. ( only then I realised that it was hurting.. )..

and him .. " Oh yes .. i know.. see... this is real!!! .. and what you saw are stars.. lucky you... "

[ sidenote : now ., whoever is in a hurry to become my friend soon after reading this .. i can only handle a few at a time ]

after all the fun n lazing around... it was time to come out of college... wonderful friends.. hard work for five years ends to harder work ahead.. but it seemed like bliss at that time ., if not that leaving friends part..

I liked shahrukh again for what he said...


last year...


classmates reunion.... had my schoolmates regroup after almost 11 years.. and they're wonderful ppl... more so coz we rediscovered after such a long time... and each of them up for loadsa fun..!!



yesterday...


Got into my new armour and had the courage to meet up my friend.. only that the worst things dont happen when you're best prepared... my friend decided to play it nice this time around .. good news.. for now.. just hope that I wont be caught napping...



5 yummy things.. [ in that order ]


brains of ppl I like most ...
my alu fry ..
the dish from Ro's cooking = healing .. [ looked yummy.. but not sure what it is :P ]
The plum cake that Ash never shared ..
the big fat laddoo from tirupathi.. ( this one is reall good.. trust me )



5 things i know by heart...


names of my enemies..
phone # of bmw (black) dealers..
names of my friends..
date and time when each of my friends(?) denied to taste my recipes..
that I always misplace my bus ticket just a few hours before the bus departure time..


5 things i'd do if i have lotsa money..

- appoint larry page and sergey Brin to search my misplaced bus tickets faster..
- have bill gates do my hair cut.. ( i like his geek look )
- a wonderful black limo...
- an island where I can sleep with peace....
- still continue to be myself...


5 place i escape to..

- the island that I bought just a few minutes back..
- I'll stay there..


5 things i'd never wear.

- bell bottoms...
- flourescent colors..
- salman khan's " o..ooo.. jaane jaana.. " attire..
- the jeans I bought yesterday ..


5 things i enjoy doing..


- eat ( 5 yummy things )
- chatter with my pals...
- a good solid 1 hour sleep after lunch...
- a strong coffee on a cold morning...
- jog after the sunset..



5 fave on tv...

- ponds googly woogly contest ad ( " darling you're looking beautiful " )
- cricket..
- big fight..

uh... 5 is tough from tv ...

Kiran - up for the tag ?

14 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home